Kuala Lumpur is a progressive metropolis, where a busy business activity reigns during the day, and after sunset a completely different life wakes up. No wonder the capital of Malaysia is called the “city of lights”. After all, at night, the facades of buildings, streets and even trees are dressed in bright neon scenery, especially Petronas Twin towers.
The unique and romantic atmosphere of nightlife fills Kuala Lumpur, and the doors of clubs and restaurants open to everyone. That is why hundreds of tourists come to the capital every day, despite the fact that beach holidays in Kuala Lumpur are practically not developed.
Check this ultimate guide to Kuala Lumpur nightlife and get more details about night clubs to visit.
Book your private Kuala Lumpur night tour here .
The best nightclubs
Among the entertainment facilities of the Malaysian capital, the following can be distinguished.
- Luna Bar. The institution belongs to the Pacific Regency Hotel and is located on the 34th floor of a skyscraper. Next to the bar is a spacious, illuminated swimming pool. One of the “highlights” of Luna Bar is special glass cabins with cozy sunbeds.
- Club Pulse . Located on the territory of the Grand Millennium Hotel. It is famous for its irresistible high-tech interiors. A varied menu and an extensive dance floor, which can accommodate up to 200 people at the same time, are the main advantages of this ultra-modern nightclub in Kuala Lumpur.
- Club Quattro. Combined with the Petronas Twin Towers via an underpass. Consists of 4 halls, named according to the seasons. Fans of extraordinary rest usually go to the Winter bar, where the temperature is specially kept at 5 o C. Jackets are kindly provided to guests of the institution.
High-rise bars and restaurants
In Kuala Lumpur, there are many establishments located on the high floors of skyscrapers. In them you can enjoy romantic views of the night metropolis. Or you can adjust the time of the visit so as to catch the sunset – for this you just need to specify in advance the time of sunset for the day you are interested in and book a table for this moment.
- Vertigo Bar. It is considered the highest entertainment venue in all of Malaysia. When there is no rain, here you can sit at a table on the terrace, which opens up a view of almost 300 degrees. However, for a hearty meal, this bar is considered a relatively expensive place. For a full dinner here you will have to pay at least 300-400 dollars.
- sky bar. One of the iconic places for all fans of nightlife in Kuala Lumpur. Located on the 33rd floor of a hotel called Traders. The bar has a swimming pool where you can swim until six in the evening. By the way, many people recommend visiting this most popular bar in Kuala Lumpur not at night, but during the day. Since it can be crowded here at night; during the day there are practically no people. And when the night comes, and in addition to the Sky Bar, there will be a large number of options where to sit. Although, of course, it all depends on personal preferences.
- Heli Lounge Bar. It is located on the 34th floor of one of the city’s skyscrapers. Its interesting feature is that this place has a bar on the roof of the building, which is also a helipad. Although the height of the bar is not the highest in the city, the very fact of being on top of the building gives a completely unusual feeling. Also from the height of Heli Lounge Bar you can admire the views of the twin towers, as well as the stunning urban landscape.
- Roofino Skydining. The height of its location is similar – the 34th floor. Roofino is located in a new skyscraper and also has an outdoor terrace.
When visiting such restaurants, it is recommended to follow the dress code: trousers, closed shoes. In slates and shorts, they may not be allowed into the establishments of this row.
For those who like to have fun with a microphone in their hands, you can consider such a Kuala Lumpur bar as CEO-Karaoke. The institution offers its guests a buffet and the opportunity to sing karaoke. The prices here are relatively low.
Another institution is East Club. This night club in Kuala Lumpur consists of 3 floors. There is a striptease bar on the second floor of the establishment. On the ground floor there are 24-hour rooms adapted for singing in karaoke. And finally, in the basement there is an extensive dance floor. As a rule, here you can dance all night until 9 am.
Night transport in Kuala Lumpur
And, finally, a few words about night transport in the capital of Malaysia. How to get to the center of Kuala Lumpur, and after a night of fun, return home in comfort? The best way is, of course, a taxi. Nightlife fans can use the handy Grab app. This is one of the safest and most popular services in the city.