Holidays with children need to be planned especially carefully. The hotel should be with all amenities, the beach should be shallow and clean, and the air temperature should not be too hot. Holidays with children in Malaysia should begin with the right choice of resort.
Here is the list of best family friendly resorts in Malaysia that worth visiting in 2024; hotels were chosen based on reviews and budget.
The best resorts in Malaysia for tourists with children
Borneo Island (Kalimantan)
- When to go: February to October.
- Average air t during this season: +26 during the day, +19 at night.
- Average t of the sea: +24-25.
The beaches of Borneo are the cleanest: you do not have to worry that the baby will injure his leg on glass or a sharp shell. The sea is warm here, and the climate is very mild. Borneo is famous for its wildlife: a lot of outlandish birds, monkeys, nature reserves – children will definitely like it.
The most interesting entertainment for kids is visiting the orangutan rehabilitation center ( on the map ). Here, little travelers will be introduced to these animals, allowed to hold them in their arms and taught to take care of our smaller brothers.
Where to stay with kids in Borneo:
- HYATT REGENCY KINABALU 4* . The hotel is right on the pier. From there you can go on a tour of the islands. There are government institutions nearby, so the hotel is always quiet and calm, which is important for those traveling with kids.
- TUARAN BEACH 3* . The beach is 5 km long next to the hotel. Here you can easily find a free place so that no one interferes with your rest. Instead of rooms, there are small houses with their own kitchen, where you can cook children’s food.
- When to go: March to June (in January and February there are too many jellyfish near the coast, and in the middle of summer it is too hot).
- Average air temperature this season: +28 during the day in summer, +24 at night.
- Average t of water: + 26-27 degrees.
People go to Langkawi with children for deserted beaches and a shallow coastal zone, which the island is famous for. The sea here is clean and calm, so it will be comfortable for kids to swim. The most suitable beaches for children on the island of Langkawi are Chenang and Kok. There are many entertainments for children here:
- Aquarium Underwater World Langkawi with penguins, fur seals and fish;
- Eastern village with playgrounds, petting zoos, an art museum for children;
- Langkawi Duck Tour is a “duckmobile” ride that departs from East Village. During the trip, the kids will take part in a real adventure – they will drive around the island, sail through the sea and look at local animals.
And also there is a Bird Park, a cable car, the Legend Park and much more.
Where to stay with kids in Langkawi:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort 5* . There are babysitting services, animators, children’s pools and playgrounds. The rooms are clean and equipped with all appliances.
- Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa 5* . Apartments with a kitchen, babysitting services, child seats and carriers for rent, ordering excursions for children – all this is at the hotel.